Monday, February 28, 2022

ABOUT PSYCH WARD SHENANIGANS

I don't write about PSYCH WARD SHENANIGANS because it was fun being in the psych ward, because it wasn't. I do not mean to trivialize mental illness because like any life threatening illness it is deadly serious. I did not go to the psych ward because I needed a change of pace but because I was dying of COVID and made a conscious decision to take the COVID meds and not focus on my medication for bipolar disorder which I was having trouble taking in addition to the COVID meds and suffering from the effects of COVID on my digestive system and ability to taste things normally. That being said, getting COVID and having a mental health relapse after 30 years without an episode presented social experiences that I had not had in some time since I had isolated myself for over two years because of COVID and other reasons. So if I bring up experiences from the psych ward it is partly because in the hospital I was among a group of people of various ages who ALL had one thing in common with me, they were out of their fucking minds. I am sure eventually I will be done with all these mad anecdotes about being institutionalized, but until I get laid in vigorous fashion or win the lottery it is the best I got. Alas.

1 comment: