Sunday, February 27, 2022

PSYCH WARD SHENANIGANS

A new woman entered the ward and she had a distinct accent that I thought I knew. She was very upset that nobody would care for her cats and the guy that would was just interested in her cats and not her. She said she had no friends and nobody cared about her. I walked up to her and told her I too had no friends and nobody cared about me. So we took a walk and talked and it was the first of many walks where we talked. As time went on she became familiar with the ward and the people and when she said she had no friends and nobody cared I reminded her that in the psych ward she got both friends and people that cared for her just as she wished which she could not refute. What I did not tell her is this "party" was going to end soon when her insurance refused to pay and she would come home to dead cats and probably be thrown out on the street homeless. It is better to live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment