Sunday, September 6, 2015





This Is Not A Love Song


Don't tell me about the fickle moon and blue birds singing
My words drag and my eyes are dry
I have quit searching for a muse in the dark forests of yesterday
Sorting through memories of lies squashed by bitter truths
Where have you gone my love?
Who has taken your Judas kiss?
My desire mocks me and my Lust bleeds in torment
Remembering the nothing in your eyes
I wander the Night alone in solitude
A creature without a home
Making love in dreams and illusions
That have passed me by
Listening to music and dancing in shadows
A maniacal smile frozen on my lips
Time my witness and canvas on which I splash color
This is not a love song
This is one death 
A thousand burials before rebirth 
Bring me this excruciating pain so that my next love
Will yield that much more ecstasy
This is not a love song
This is but one death of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment