A Momentary Rush Of Ecstasy
I remember vividly
How we kissed oblivious to the world
As the pouring rain fell with abandon
Steam and fog enveloping the windows
As the pitter pat of droplets
Pounded the roof and hood of my parked car
I looked deep within your lying eyes
As you cried mascara tears
Black as night
Holding you in my arms
Believing this depraved escape would lead us somewhere
Anywhere, but here
To a paradise of the heart
That we could fly beyond the dark forest together
As we made love in pantomime all afternoon
Until you had to go
Alone into the torrent back home
What fools we were to meet in torrid rendezvous
In the midst of the storm of our lives
Fate seeking to deny everything we thought we had
When the clouds return
I still dream of a love that never dies
Though you were never mine
I see it and feel it as the grey sky builds and the wind blows
Caressing your sweet face in a majestic vision of yesterday
Mascara rivers cascading down your cheeks
Comforting you as our bodies seek satisfaction blindly
And I remember that look
As your gaze sought mine
What it felt like to breath in the passion and torment
To be alive and wanting more in the falling rain
Grasping for what one could not have
Claiming a momentary rush of ecstasy
Long denied
Raging water flowing with gutter snow
Back to the ocean
Sitting there alone without you
Broken and hollow, but unbowed
Mesmerized by a memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment