Wednesday, May 18, 2016




Dance Of Yesterday


The night cannot deny me this dance of yesterday
Nor can it obscure your rose colored lips from my hungry mouth
Sweat still beads on your satin skin from the Spring dew
Visions of making love in the fields 
Oblivious to prying eyes
Cry me an ocean of regrets and crocodile tears
I only ask for penance and a pound of flesh to make amends
I am a hard man when it comes to love and betrayal
Each requires a vigorous thrust and a passionate embrace
Words will not suffice any longer 
I await my terms in silence 
Dreaming of holding you close 
Making love with abandon as the darkness bleeds to day
Somewhere atop a mountain peak
Shrouded within the clouds
I see you again in a magical rendezvous of the mind
Within a vision of paradise
Lost before we began
Left behind 
Like the forever in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment