Saturday, February 26, 2022

THE HAPPY CORNER

A while back I bought my child an old school electric race track set. I did not only buy it for my child because I remembered when I was a kid and had an electric race track and how I was always frustrated when the car skidded off the raceway and I ended up angry and took the thing apart. I scanned the internet and found an electric race track and when I showed it to my child there was only joy at the prospect of setting it up. The only issue is when I saw all the unlabelled pieces and the directions that were pure confusion I put everything back in the box. From time to time my child would tap the box and I would say, "Soon." Well, soon was a long time coming. Since the child care person was over the past week I figured I would put the set together and it was a complete disaster, however, I made it a focus of the next day to put that set together and by golly I did just that taking my time and following the diagram step by step. My child was thrilled and I put my finger in back of the accelerator so when my child pulled back it did not send the car careening off the track (most times). It was good fun and I enjoyed it as well. Sometimes, you need to focus on the little things to make you happy. Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment