Saturday, March 5, 2022

A Lament

I cry for every moment I am not kissing her slow and deep

I lament the roses I can no longer bring

Anticipating a passionate rendezvous in the black alone

There is a message only charged naked bodies can send

Passionately writhing a morse code of desire

Broken by deep moans and shouts of ecstasy

If I could look in the drowning pool of her eyes

I might see hatred, lust or both

But I only know the nothingness left behind

Shattered trysts and love cast asunder

In my dreams I find a day that swiftly dies

Where I once again am the lover and a god

Draped in an ocean of shifting sheets and orgasmic waves

Cry me a river she said

And I have made an ocean on this page just from what we never had

What have you done for me lately, my darling?

Such questions do not stop the rain

But they do slow the torrent down a bit

In those weak moments of hunger

That come when you think of loss

And the feel of a woman

Who loves you being so close

In the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment