Friday, November 17, 2023

DYING IN THE HOSPITAL AND STUFF

It has been almost two years and I still cannot get being strangled to death in the hospital off of my mind. I wonder how they got me breathing and my heart beating again. I just remember them talking to me and calling out vital sign numbers. I recall not being able to breathe and my heart stopping. Then darkness. Not like when I was dying at home.

Trauma is a tricky wicket. Very few people will appreciate your misery. They do not want to take on your pain. Once and a while you will find someone that is blown away by your experience. Others either pretend to be concerned or just discount your tragedy as a lie or overreaction. But I did die in the hospital and all I remember about it is the darkness.

And then you must get your life back if you can because everybody else has moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment