I Cannot Come Get You
I cannot come get you
For you are already mine
Each man you make love to in haste
Is in fact me in better times
Waiting for your return in a dream
Every wrist slash and razor line
I bleed for you alone in a nightmare rush
That fades with morning
Every misstep and stumble
I am there to catch your fall
When you cry, it rains deep in my withered black heart
The path backwards cannot be tread
It is too steep and dangerous
A new mountain we must ascend if our flesh is ever to reconcile
Two sinners a saint within their crime of lust
Words bring me closer to everything lost
If for just a moment of divine repose
Strawberries on bare flesh
Kisses in the shadow of a forest under a full moon
We are fools that dare to be damned by this illusion
Feel me within your smooth thighs
I am every man and some other guy
Present and past
I will not come to you
For you know where I am
Just yesterday we danced in ecstasy
Forever falling
Staring into your eyes
What did you see
My love?

No comments:
Post a Comment