Saturday, January 7, 2017


Message In The Snow


I remember how we kissed in the cold morning air
After a long night of torrid lovemaking
You laughed as I etched "I love you" in the freezing snow
With my reddened bare hands
Snowstorms bring this entombed memory alive again
A sudden rush of heat and desire melting through
Even after all these years
Holding you in my arms
Walking hand in hand
When I last mentioned this recollection to you
I watched the blank stare on your face
As you said you forgot such a foolish ghost of yesterday
Like sentimental poetry and love songs that fade
Wondering if I am bewitched by an illusion or hallucination of the mind
Blowing snowflakes obscure heartfelt feelings
Leaving nothing in their midst
Loving words written in the sand before high tide
Gutter snow flowing out to sea with Spring
Dirty black waters of reality flowing back to the vast oceans of time
To be consumed again by lovers in another land
In moments of quiet solitude
As they stare into each other's eyes
Within a foreclosed dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment