Graveyard Coffeehouse
Watching her waiting
In the cold
With her back turned
Oblivious to my stare
I walked up behind her
And smiled
As I said
I am the Darkness
And the Light
She turned around
A rose from the pages
Of a gothic romance
Vulnerable
But still wild
Possessing thorns
That cut deep
Bleeding into today
From false yesterdays
Tentative tomorrows
I felt a surge inside
With her wicked grin
Lost in majestic brown eyes
Wanting to make love
To her that instant
Though we were strangers now
More than in the past
When we were naive and new
We danced slowly
Deliberately
Not the free
Passionate tango of old
Watching her lips
As she spoke a twisted tale
Of lost time
He said
She saids
Ghostly memories
You tried to bury me
She accused
But I am the living dead
She proclaimed defiant
I left you
In a shallow grave
I countered
I have risen from a crypt
To make you mine
A quiet rejoinder
Then I pressed my lips to hers
Soft
Slow
Wet
As erotic dreams flooded
My mind
Like watching a classic horror movie
For a second time
So lost in the thrill
Nostalgia
In her
So much hurt
Sorrow
Open wounds
Unanswered questions
Plaguing the atmosphere
Like a gray sky with clouds
We had to let
Them flow away
Out to sea
With the tear drops
Of our last parting
Cold rain
Bitter insults
That took her away
I softly spoke
I will always love you
My mouth gracing
Her ear
Holding her close
Cheek to cheek
Drinking in
Her soul
Spending the evening
Searching for candles
Wine
Trying to recreate
The ambiance of past rendezvous
Without matches
A bottle opener
Casting it all aside by midnight
Heaps of clothes
Lingerie
Strewn on the floor
Naked and alone
In the throes of ecstasy
Drowning in rumpled sheets
Captured by the orgasmic pull
Of the tide
Darkness and light
Making love
Two lovers from the past
Risen from the dead
Reawakening
To the exhilarating feel
Of goose flesh on sweat
The erotic symphony of moans
Sighs in the Night
Holding her in my arms
Not wanting to let go
Unable to sleep
For fear
She would fade away
Like a sand castle
Before a wave
Yet again
Leaving me feeding
On nightmares
Delusions
Hungry
Seething
Was this just another dream
Illusion of love
Beautiful lie
That dies screaming
Disembodied
In the ether?
Possessing her in the black
Thrusting deep
Until my legs shook
And we collapsed
Side by side
Her head on my chest
As I cradled her full breasts
With my hand
Listening to her breathing
As she slept exhausted
Counting the minutes
Until daylight
And goodbye.
Darkness And The Light
Watching her waiting
In the cold
With her back turned
Oblivious to my stare
I walked up behind her
And smiled
As I said
I am the Darkness
And the Light
She turned around
A rose from the pages
Of a gothic romance
Vulnerable
But still wild
Possessing thorns
That cut deep
Bleeding into today
From false yesterdays
Tentative tomorrows
I felt a surge inside
With her wicked grin
Lost in majestic brown eyes
Wanting to make love
To her that instant
Though we were strangers now
More than in the past
When we were naive and new
We danced slowly
Deliberately
Not the free
Passionate tango of old
Watching her lips
As she spoke a twisted tale
Of lost time
He said
She saids
Ghostly memories
You tried to bury me
She accused
But I am the living dead
She proclaimed defiant
I left you
In a shallow grave
I countered
I have risen from a crypt
To make you mine
A quiet rejoinder
Then I pressed my lips to hers
Soft
Slow
Wet
As erotic dreams flooded
My mind
Like watching a classic horror movie
For a second time
So lost in the thrill
Nostalgia
In her
So much hurt
Sorrow
Open wounds
Unanswered questions
Plaguing the atmosphere
Like a gray sky with clouds
We had to let
Them flow away
Out to sea
With the tear drops
Of our last parting
Cold rain
Bitter insults
That took her away
I softly spoke
I will always love you
My mouth gracing
Her ear
Holding her close
Cheek to cheek
Drinking in
Her soul
Spending the evening
Searching for candles
Wine
Trying to recreate
The ambiance of past rendezvous
Without matches
A bottle opener
Casting it all aside by midnight
Heaps of clothes
Lingerie
Strewn on the floor
Naked and alone
In the throes of ecstasy
Drowning in rumpled sheets
Captured by the orgasmic pull
Of the tide
Darkness and light
Making love
Two lovers from the past
Risen from the dead
Reawakening
To the exhilarating feel
Of goose flesh on sweat
The erotic symphony of moans
Sighs in the Night
Holding her in my arms
Not wanting to let go
Unable to sleep
For fear
She would fade away
Like a sand castle
Before a wave
Yet again
Leaving me feeding
On nightmares
Delusions
Hungry
Seething
Was this just another dream
Illusion of love
Beautiful lie
That dies screaming
Disembodied
In the ether?
Possessing her in the black
Thrusting deep
Until my legs shook
And we collapsed
Side by side
Her head on my chest
As I cradled her full breasts
With my hand
Listening to her breathing
As she slept exhausted
Counting the minutes
Until daylight
And goodbye.

No comments:
Post a Comment