Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse




The Howling

Internally I knew 
I was changing
Or was I?
Was I just rediscovering
Something that was always there?
Seething
Breathing
Scratching to get out
Hungry
Wanton 
Wicked
Burning with desire
Lust
As hairs form on my body
And muscles twitch
I see my surroundings
In a new light
The physical
And the people
I live with
Love
My situation
Is no longer tenable
I know this
It is before my eyes
Looking into the mirror
Staring into these red hungry eyes
Marvelling at ivory white fangs
The center does not hold
All is descending into chaos
I rip my shirt into shreds
Growling
Shouting
I can't restrain this madness
Any longer
Leaping past 
The boundaries that
Confined me
Tormented me
Kept my depravity hidden
I run out into 
The cold night air
Looking up at the sky
To see the full moon
The glorious white full moon
Cloaked in Darkness.

I know I have been changed
Irrevocably
I am a man within a monster
A monster inside a man
I am free and alive
Staring at the full moon
A predator
A vicious animal
Stalking a new victim 
I realize
I will never be 
The same again
I am transformed
A demonic masterpiece
Of muscle, hair, flesh, bone
And sharp teeth
I look at the 
Beautiful round, voluptuous goddess
That is the full moon
My epiphany is 
That all this time
I have been this fiend
This abomination
I have been
Howling
Howling inside
Waiting patiently
For this moment
To arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment