Saturday, August 3, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Stops Along The Path

Walking
Along a winding road
Twisted path
Beckoned to stop
At times
Beguiled
By erotic visions
Dreams deferred
In the black
Ecstasy
Mortgaged
Heaven
Hell
Tasted
For an evanescent moment
Drinking in
Pleasure
Pain
Despair
Riding a roller coaster
Train wreck
Then moving on
When all hope
Has passed
Been drained of life
By ivory white fangs
Only a dried husk
Of glorious yesterday
Mocking
Like a demon
Whispering
In the wind
A goodbye
That shatters
Your soul
As you turn away
I give thanks
For all
The bloody wounds
Stumbles
Falls
Along the road
Every tear shed
Midnight prayer
For redemption
In vain
For each step
Forward
Brings me
Closer
To finding her
My True Love
Waiting an ocean away
Wisdom obtained
Through sorrow
Failure
Experiences
I learned many things
That people
Will be
What you desire of them
Who you want
Them to be
For as long as the game
Delights
Fulfills their needs
Deception
Always bears fangs
And bites hard
Betrayal
Revealing the stranger
In the shadows
That lurked
All along
I gained appreciation
For new music
And sexual excess
In torrid nights
Runaway fantasies
Risking all
Flaunting danger
Learning
That as much
As you insulate yourself
Goodbye
Always stings
A last kiss
Lingers
Like the smile
As the door slams
Behind you
I sought freedom
In the arms of beauty
But found
Spite
Malice
Destruction
Which
Liberated my poetry
But practically
Drove me insane
I have thrown
Everything I clung to
In the trash
Abandoned
Reality
Struck out
At a life
That has failed me
Imprisoned
My spirit
Sought solace
In the arms of a viper
Snaring myself
In a trap
Knowing the danger
Getting lost
In a beautiful lie
To escape
Ugly truths
Delving in the depths
Of depravity
For a thrill
And calling it love
I have seen the devil
Danced
The Danse Macabre
Tasted her lips
On mine
As she swayed
In her red dress
Probed her deep
In the moonlight
As I became
Further entangled
In her web of lies
Yet
She tried
And failed
To drag me to Hell
Because
It is already my home
And I
Its Dark Lord
All Hail and weep
Down on your knees
I have given caring
Empathy
Exercised Desire
Seen it
Abandoned
In defiance
Of blasphemy
Attempted to fill
The abyss
With a handful
Of sand
Throwing myself
In emptiness
Embracing
The void of humanity
Warmth of solitude
Poetry on a page
A monster
That walks the Night
Undead
Promising eternity
Rhythm
Rhyme
Yet it still lives
As you die
Arising in the darkness
Searching for love
A legend is reborn
Continuing on
Bloodied
But unbowed
Toward destiny
Immortal
Sublime
Transcendent
Searching
A cemetery of the mind
For salvation
Eternity in her eyes
Remembering
Ghosts
Of the past
Moans
Sighs
Haunting dreams
As I continue on
Recalling
Fondly
Stops
Along
The Path.

No comments:

Post a Comment