Sunday, August 4, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse 



Winding Road

I saw pristine
Mountain peaks
When I looked
Into your eyes
Paradise
Within unsolved
Mystery
Of your wicked smile
A raging fire
Burned in my heart
Salty tears of lava
Mixing in torrent
As we cried
Cheek to cheek
Ensnared by emotion
The sting of goodbye
Venomous fangs
Serpentine temptation
That we should
Walk such a winding
Twisted path together
To end up naked separated
Abandoned
Wondering
What could have been
Retracing dreams
Dashed against the rocks
That never saw the promise
Of reality
Like a demonic Muse
Leading me on
With the temptation
Of your full pouting lips
Sailing a ship of fools
Seeking to blindly
Ascend
Falling like laments
Poetry on a page
Beneath
A sea of rumpled sheets
Torrid midnight rendezvous
Your warm flesh
Close
Inviting
Your full lips
Pressed
To mine
Until the morning sun
Treading memories
Of earth, stone, and thorns
In nightmarish reverie
Dark
Foreboding
Beautiful lies
Watching them all slip away
Drops of rain
Forming fetid rivers
Of mascara
Swirling in a sewer
Like towering ancient monuments
In the shifting desert
Sandcastles
Engulfed by the tide
I drink it all in
Gasping
Inhaling
A sensuous portrait
I created from the ether
Molded with clay
Storing it disinterred
Admiring
In my mind
Standing alone in the quiet
Of a winding road
Recalling disembodied moans
Ecstasy
Forbidden fruit
Tasted
That got me there
Crimson Sin
Rose petals
Marking my steps
Walking onward
Through a field of flowers
Wafting nectar of the gods
Making love
In the cool shade
Of a tree
Drowned in an ocean
Engulfed
By passion
Pleasure
Pain
Before I went under
Taken in
By despair
My own deception
Sinking to depths of coral
Bleached remains
Of sailors looking for love
Demise
In a seductive song
Though
I have died
I arise every Night
With this vision
Her face within
The glow of a full moon
Immortal
Sublime
Transcendent
It was never too late
For love
We were
Always doomed
Trying to piece together
A reflection
In shattered glass
To determine
What is truly real
Searching endlessly
For a story book ending
That can never be found
I bury the past
In a shallow grave
Lost
On a winding road
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment