Tuesday, June 21, 2016





A Lover In Me Lives On


All the faded goodbyes pass away in the lonely night
There is just you and I now on holiday
Making love in the rain
Kissing passionately as we lay
In sweet honey suckle fields
I can still taste milk chocolate damnation
On my hungry lips combined with the sweat of your skin
Pain and ecstasy intertwined with morning light
An orgasmic dream I will not let go to a shallow grave
Two oceans that meet as one
In a furious storm before parting with the tide
I sing this mariner's song in soliloquy
Tears streaming down my rugged cheeks
Made rough as sand by time
Such a beautiful dream must not die and be forgotten
Even after all these years
The mystic vision survives
A lover in me lives on
Patiently waiting
To begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment