Wednesday, December 5, 2018

An Echo Of A Dream



I was swimming in a pool on vacation
As you passed me by
Whispering in my ear as you came near
Reaching the other side of the water
Out of my grasp
"Come live with me and be my love."
You seduced
With your body, hands, and lips
With a smile adding
"And in five years after we wed
I will divorce and marry a handsome Mexican
And take half your net worth."
Stroking the water to float by your side
I grinned and said
"I have nothing but love, you may have what is due you."
Thinking aloud
What if our passion could be like a wildfire
And our ecstasy remain like a flame
In a conflagration of desire forever?
What if we could never stop making love?
We stared into each others' eyes and I kissed her
Not believing the words
While tasting their meaning
"Could this be a dream?"
We both said wondering
As I awoke
Still floating
On visions of lust
And perversity
Holding you in my arms
Watching you fade
In ripples of blue chlorine.




No comments:

Post a Comment