Graveyard Coffeehouse
Flowers
It is cold
And white
Emptiness
Beckons
Within me
Filling
With
Anger
Rage
Disgust
Forming calcified
Deposits
In my mind
Disappointment builds
Drop by drop
Into rivers
Torrents
Pouring into
A lake
Reservoir
Of my despair
About to ice over
Disillusion
Grips me
For I have seen
The flowers
Wafting
Fragrant nectar
In the wind
Felt the sun
On my face
But have been denied
True Love
Again
Fantasy
Tastes delicious
Like a beautiful lie
In the darkness
The first
Succulent kiss
From a lover
But disappears
Like the tide
As you try
To hold on
Knowing
It exists
For real
In someone
Somewhere
Just not here
For you
Realizing
Wicked
Games
Have been played
Finding you
A fool
Dreams
Becoming
Nightmares
In a train wreck
Passionate mess
But I choose
To remain
In that field
Of flowers
On a gorgeous
Summer day
Lust
Sensuality
Blowing tranquil
In the breeze
Breathing deep
The pristine air
Perfumed
With budding roses
Basking
In the radiant warmth
Whispering
Sweet
Nothings
In her ear
Her body close
Cradled
In my arms
Our eyes
Lost in the moment
Each other
Lips
Taunting
Touching
Tongues
Entwined
Lying flat
On our backs
Hand in hand
Looking
Fascinated
At the azure sky
Cotton clouds
Euphoric
Resting
On an old blue blanket
That had been
Tossed in a bag
Abandoned
Like a memory
Waiting
To come
To the rescue
Breeding ecstasy
For an evanescent moment
Desire
Dancing
With the devil
In the red dress
Alone
In this glorious
Field of flowers
Feeding
Each other
Exotic fruits
As we kiss
Slow
Deep
Wet
So close to Heaven
But so far
How many have come
This near
And been turned away?
I have seen
The mountain
It exists
Like the moon
Stars
I will get there
Some day
With the right woman
By my side
But this dreary
Frigid morning
Will not conquer
This erotic vision
My salvation
For
I have lived
Through the storm
My Spirit stands tall
Immortal
Sublime
Transcendent
I will
Remember
The
Flowers.

No comments:
Post a Comment