Sunday, August 4, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Latex And Good Intentions

The world
Is paved with latex
And good intentions
Lost
Throbbing aching
Manhood
That cries
Your name
In the Night
Hard erect and alone
Musing in the black
About past betrayals
Hushed
Buried
In the graveyard
Of your heart
A road to perdition
Marked by flaccid
Symphonies of Sin
Cryptic poetry
Secret rendezvous
Masked balls
Old friends that call
At 12 am
That drive you around town
Then
Back again
Whisking you
Into my loving arms
Sloppy seconds
But my darling
I loved you first
Over 1000 years ago
You are most alone
In a crowd
As am I
Every day
I place my heart
Upon a burning altar
Of rhythm
Rhyme
Faded melodies
For you to see
Where it is measured
Sized
Evaluated
Given an inspection stamp
Of approval
Or if found wanting
Cast off into oblivion
With the latest persona
Trashed
With the obligatory
Accumulated
Five poems
Snarky commentary
While I plan
For our future
Dwelling
Amongst the clouds
Oblivious
Seething inside
Bitter
That I cannot have you now
Hold you
Make love to you
Forever
Ignorant of the fact
I have already
Lost you
Again
To someone half a world away
Around the corner
Man enough
To take one final hit
The cheap shot to the gut
Sadistic thrills
For those in the cheap seats
Playing to a laugh track
That is love
Loss
True strength and folly
Having faith
Trust
Waiting for you
To finally come around
Like
The inevitable cold rain
Ghost full moon
Burying you
As deep as I can
With shovel fulls of dirt
Tears in my eyes
Before
You become disinterred
With the darkness
Frolicking
With the past
Toying with necrophilia
As we make love
Corpses
Skin on rotting green skin
Illusion
Beautiful lies
Fading away
By daylight
When all must sleep
Becoming lodged
Within each others empty souls
Despite the best
Of intentions
All the latex in the world
Bareback lust
Passion
Pleasure
Pain
Seizing the moment
In a sequestered room
With burning candles
Devils dancing on the wall
Cheap wine
Jaded memories
Could not contain
Restless desire
The thrill of the chase
Both of us
Out
For
Blood
And
A cheeseburger
At
12 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment