Graveyard Coffeehouse
My Haunted Moon
I can still
Hear her cry
Somewhere beyond
The midnight glow
Of my haunted moon
Trapped
In yesterday's darkness
Waiting
For me to arrive
She whispers
In my ear
Soft and gentle
Sweet words
Of poetry
From her pouting lips
That get me
Through my day
Adrift in a barren desert
I have seen
Her face flicker pale
Among the stars
Then fade away
Taunting like a demon
Yet she calls
From somewhere
I can reach
Between
A nightmare
And a dream
Spinning tales
Of love
From moon beams
Reflections
Of lost loves
I have watched
Her smiling face
Materialize
In a mirror
Then disappear
As I blinked
My eyes
Disembodied screams
Remaining
As graveyard markers
Fighting for a love
That will not die
Go gentle into
The dark
My darling
Do not fear
What rests tender
Within my heart
As I sleep
I have the strength
Of a lion
And the touch
Of a feather
I am holding your hand
In the black
When you are most alone
I will be back
My True Love
With the morning Sun
Verse does not lie
My poetry
Speaks the truth
Eternal
Sublime
Transcendent
I will find you
Beyond the horizon
These words
Survive
Under my haunted moon
To live
Forever
A monument
To our love
Know
One day
I will find you
Getting closer
With each vision
Shadowy figure
Dancing rhythmically
In the mist
Every phantasm
That beckons
Remember me
Brings me forward
Closer to the day
We can make love
In a dark forest
Once more
Under
My haunted moon.

No comments:
Post a Comment