Friday, August 2, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Two Steps Behind Salvation

It takes a strong man
To stand alone
In the Darkness
Waiting
For a love
That may
Never come
I sense
The weight
Of her sorrow
The salt
Of her tears
In the festering wounds
Of yesterday
Faded
Still open
Scars
That
Never heal
Cuts deep
Raw
Slaps to the face
Indignities
That will not
Go quietly
In the Night
Monsters
Howling
Shrieking
Sleeping
Menacingly
Under the bed
Waiting patiently
Like
Potential lovers
Calling
From a distance
As you
Arise
In my dreams
Embracing
A fiend
That
Will not kneel
As you
Will not bow
Resigned
To
Fighting
Epic battles
Punitive wars
Campaigns
Of lust and degradation
That cannot end
But in tragedy
Destruction
Chaos
Victory for a man
Who will stand
His ground
Blood flowing
From
Fresh wounds
Like rivers
To the ocean
The warrior code
That beats
Valiantly
In my heart
Shouting
Between passion
And warfare
I will find you
My love
Waiting
To receive you
In my loving arms
Secure
Within
A dark forest
We will make love
In the shadows
Amongst trees
That reach
To the heavens
I will know you
As I look
Into your eyes
Fraught with ecstasy
Madness
Seeing eternity
Tasting
Your
Succulent lips
In the black
Paradise
That
Awaits us
With an ivory
Fanged bite
Moans
Sighs
Smiles
Stained crimson
I taste this
Every Night
When I sleep
Disturbed
Visions cavorting
In my rattled mind
Under stars
That bear our name
Haunted
By the brilliant
Rays of the moon
That reflect
The beauty
Of your face
The heavens
Sing
Your name
Praising you
Breaking the silence
Of the morning
Passing on
Invisible
Within
The ghostly clouds
Rising mist
Ethereal
Sublime
Moving on
Undeterred
To fleeting
Tomorrows
Thwarting my ambition
For another day
Waiting
To find you
Searching
Endlessly
As you
Stay
Two steps ahead
Of my grasp
Elusive
But
Just a dream away
Leading
Me along
A twisted path
Tasting
Your delicious thighs
Voluptuous
Carnal delights
With my tongue
Flickering
In the dark
I seek you
My eternal lover
Two steps
Behind
Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment