Thursday, January 28, 2016





Dead Memories



Walking arm in arm
In the freshly fallen snow
I told you a tale of forbidden love
Without speaking a word 
As I smiled demonically 
And you laughed low
With a feline snicker and bold snort
Before getting in my car
I looked and noticed 
There was only one set of steps left
In the white fluffy mess 
Remaining from the storm
I drove away becoming sullen
Listening to the radio
Way too intently
Wondering if you heard the same words
Or if I was alone
All this time 
A solitary outcast
In a magnificent nightmare of ecstasy and pain
The sky turned grey and raindrops fell 
While windshield wipers droned methodically
All within my private Hell
This ghastly never never land of the flesh
Within a dream of unbridled lust
And carnival Sin
That is how such things end 
Frozen in time
In the icy cold yesterday
Of dead memories
Sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment