Monday, February 29, 2016



GRAVEYARD COFFEEHOUSE - The Best Of My Worst Undead Poetry



My Dreams Cry Out


My dreams
Cry out to me
Supplying within illusion
What reality cannot and will not give
In reverie
I meet you half way
Cavorting within the realm
Between Shangri La and the paradise of the heart
Seeking your majestic kiss like the full moon
To turn back time and relish
In what cannot be
Grasping Fate by the throat 
Making it relinquish passion and desire
Choking life from Truth
Long enough to break free 
From the ugliness in your stare
Running away to a sequestered room
Making love with furious intensity
To live this erotic vision until first morning light
And tearful goodbye
Opening my eyes
Seeing only ghosts in a splintered mirror
Yesterdays forgot and disinterred
Phantoms with painted faces and garish masks
Trying to deceive as I sleep
In my dreams lies the path to salvation
I am invincible 
Within the soft caress of memories
Even the nightmares call me friend
For I know in my heart
What is real.



No comments:

Post a Comment