Sunday, February 28, 2016



GRAVEYARD COFFEEHOUSE - The Best Of My Worst Undead Poetry


Big Blue Full Moon


They said it was coming
But it never came
As I stood there at 9 am
Looking up at the sky
Recalling her kiss and moan
As we made love in a vision of yesterday
Some guy asked
"Are you looking for the moon?"
I just stared oblivious into the darkness
Waiting 
Wondering
Caught up in a moment
Thinking
"Where was my big bright blue moon?"
The man said on cue reading my mind
"It will arrive soon from over the next apartment roof."
But aloof, I just walked inside
Shaking my head
Remembering when a full moon meant something
Not just a big blue moon
Hiding from view
I recalled when I saw a lover's face 
In its eerie white glow
It was just a big blue moon now
So I walked inside with chagrin
Not waiting
For the big blue moon to appear
I fell asleep and dreamed instead
Of better things and deeper loves
As the big blue full moon passed overhead
In silence.



No comments:

Post a Comment