Graveyard Coffeehouse
Last Breath Of A Beautiful Lie
I have tried to bury you
In a shallow grave
Seen your face
In the eerie light
Of a haunted moon
Made love to you
Illuminated by candle light
To shadows
Of dancing devils
On the wall
I have kissed
Your full lips
A thousand times
Before goodbye
Died and arisen
In the darkness
Bloodied
But unbowed
Watched as you lied
Betrayed
Cried crocodile tears
Raised armies in secret
To bring home
My head on a pike
I have seen you take
Selfie videos
That moved
Though the phone
Stayed still
Listened as you denied
Relationships
That were proven true
Over time
I have looked
In your eyes
And gotten lost
In a drowning pool
Only to be awakened
By your absence
As the castle
We built
The illusion
We lived
Crumbled to the ground
I have marched off
To meet you
When you decided
To come on a whim
Daring me to stay away
Watching it all
End like a bad
Romantic comedy
Inhaling the love
I felt for you
Exhaling the pain
In my heart
Walking down
A lonely road
Remembering
The beautiful lie
We had
Red roses and merlot
With a twist of pain
Dominance
Tears
Rivers of mascara
In a sequestered room
Leaving alone
After
Watching you
Drive away
Caught up in memories
That flicker
Fade
As life moves on
Placing flowers
On a grave
Pleasure
Pain
Ecstasy
Etched in stone
All that remains
Of what used to be
Our beautiful
Phantom love.

No comments:
Post a Comment