Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Except For Love

The love cradled within our hearts blinds us to the evil of every lie

Shielding us from the dagger of wicked words and foul deeds

I will always love her for the blind man I am not the hate that creeps through the earth

Cast asunder in a wilderness of malcontents and ill will

I remain to tell the tale

So many years sightless I thought I was protecting her against malevolence

When she sought out the abyss and loved her torturer above all

Even above me

What a fool I was I can see it now

But I still love despite everything

And miss the woman who brought so much pain and destruction

When she could have just walked away

A desert of lost souls remains which even the dumb and blind can see now

Everything ends and comes to dust

Trust is shattered and feelings poisoned

What is left beyond the tears and bitter recriminations

Except for love?

No comments:

Post a Comment