Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kisses In The Rain

What is love?
She asked 
Tears streaming 
Down her cheeks
Dark mascara rivers
Flowing out to sea
As we sat in the car
Condemned to wait 
For goodbye
As the sky grew grey
Clouds forming
My heart beating
Pitter pat
To the drops
Of precipitation
Falling onto the wind shield
Foggy with heated breaths
Anticipation
As I answered
Earnestly
Pausing a moment
Gazing into her eyes
My trembling hand
Caressing 
Her flowing hair
As I sat there
Accused of treason
Love 
My darling
Is everything
Nothing
In between
I said
As lightning flashed
Thunder rolled
The torrent began
Love is 
Holding her hand
The beat of her heart
A look in her eye
Love is long nights
Of agony
Waiting alone for her to call
Saying she got home
Love is making love
In the black 
To flickering candles
Devils dancing on the wall
Reflected by the light
Of a full moon
Glowing
Blue white
Love is the feel 
Of her voluptuous body
To greedy hands
Desire 
Passion
Sensuality
Seething Lust
Love is trust 
Pain
Misery
Despair
Saying goodbye
When all you want 
Is to hold her forever
In your arms
Love is kisses 
In the rain
Before she leaves you
I concluded
As she stepped outside
I kissed her 
Full pouting lips
Dirty little mouth
Again and again
Cradling her face 
In my eager fingers
As the rain fell relentlessly
Drenching us 
As we stood in defiance
Of the storm
Exposed 
To the punishing elements
I said 
Seized by emotion
I love you
Freezing droplets
Whipping winds
Obscuring my sentiment
This I said
Is Love
As she turned
To walk away
In the darkness
Oblivious
To my shout
As she boarded
Her bus
And it drove 
Into the distance
Love is 
Kisses
In the rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment