Tuesday, September 20, 2016




All The Beautiful Things We Never Had



I will cry your tears at night 
That will not come to you in the black
As you lay awake in your bed
Fast asleep
I will fill your empty heart with music you cannot hear
And caress your body though you cannot feel
Kissing your lips as you turn away
Dancing in the darkness alone
Within ecstasy
As you lay in despair
When you are with another man
I will be by your side 
Walking away 
For I am that man and not him
Having never known 
I was loving an illusion
Of who you are
But this love will never die
Having never lived
At least I have something to keep
A cherished memento
All eternity I will dream of 
That never was
Holding on
As if all of it was real
Sentimentality improving toxicity over time
While you will live in a hollow shell
In a reality of successive nothings.

I refuse to believe you never existed
Oblivious to everything you saw
But missed
All the moments we almost made love
Under the moonlight 
Covered by thick clouds
My sensuality and affection exploding white hot in the night
In silent frigidity
You'll never know
All the beautiful things
We never had
Everything scattered by the wind
Before it happened
This is our legacy
Our lost love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment