Thursday, October 27, 2016

Graveyard Coffeehouse - "The Best Of My Worst Undead Poetry"


Posted:Jul 28, 2015 11:43 am
Last Updated:Sep 4, 2015 8:36 pm
1984 Views
I Remember


I remember when love was a four letter word
Mysterious and deadly
Wicked and wild
Fraught with ecstasy and pain
Deliverance and salvation when I whispered into her ear
Holding her close within my arms
I recall when love was magical and other worldly
Taboo and forbidden
When it had a power and a presence
A majesty all it own
There was a time when I could feel the omnipotence
Of love in her kiss
And eternity in her sigh
Taste Heaven and Hell between her quivering thighs
When I could see forever in her gaze
There was a time when poetry flowed from her lips
Like a fountain bleeding red wine and bold rhythms
So intoxicating were her words
That we danced when we spoke and flew to the stars
When we made love in the darkness of a dream
At night I stare at the lonely moon 
Glowing blue white in its morose lament
Keeping a vigil for what has gone
Wondering what could have been
Then I ponder in a silence
That breaks my black 
Twisted excuse for a heart
In twain
Where has the love gone?
Where has the love gone?


No comments:

Post a Comment