Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Graveyard Coffeehouse - "The Best Of My Worst Undead Poetry"



Love Song To A Love Song

Posted:Jul 26, 2015 10:51 am
Last Updated:Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm
2001 Views
You were like a fire that burns in the rain
Unyielding in vain against all that opposed us
Now I just hear words and music
A sentimental rhythm on the breeze
Here and then gone like Spring without love
A hole in the dream bleeding endlessly
Until dry and empty
Without hope
A white dove flying over the horizon
Never to return
I cling to memories that keep me warm 
Through the Winter
Making love in the darkness of sequestered rooms
Her eyes and soft lips
Whispering my name
Waiting to be reborn again
In your arms anew
When the ice thaws and frigid tears evaporate
I can feel once more 
The beauty in a kiss
Slow, wet and deep
Dancing every moment
Upon a heart beat 
Listening for a sigh.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment