Saturday, June 29, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



The Beautiful Lie

I have tasted the beautiful lie
Consumed the falsehood
The stunning illusion
Completely
I have made love
To this sweet untruth
The shadow of love
Wafted before me
Embracing it
Like a ghost
No sooner
Held in my arms
Then yanked away
Into the Darkness
Leaving me wondering
Wanting
Needing
This beautiful lie
But standing
Naked and alone.

Your deception won
My heart
Mind
Body
Spirit
For an evanescent moment
Your subterfuge
Filled my dreams
Every night
The beautiful lie
That was you
My darling.

I cannot mourn for this
Phantom any longer
This gorgeous evasion
Of the Truth
I can only try
To remember the poetry
The rhythm
Rhyme
Passion
Sensuality
Our words
Words that never
Materialized into deeds
And never will.

Who is the worse
For a beautiful lie
The perpetrator
Or the duped?
I can still remember
The euphoria
Of our poetry
The feeling of hope
Awaiting a moment
That would never come
Somewhere in my heart
The beautiful lie
Lives on my darling
And always will.

And you my shadow love?
What do you remember?
What flower blooms in your heart
For carrying off such a flawless
Deception
A beautiful lie?
What is your take away?
What words will remain for
All eternity to mark?

Is all this but the passing
Of your alluring falsehood
The end of a viscous game?
I will never
Regret falling
For a beautiful lie
When my heart leads the way
As it did not so long ago.

My heart tells me
Even a beautiful lie
Is special
Immortal
Eternal
Something to cherish
After the pain dies away
See all the heart and mind
Is capable of feeling
It is still there
Words on a page
Emotions in my heart.

Even when duped by a beautiful lie
Something divine remains
Beyond what the body offers
It is transcendent
Spiritual
A sign of what
True Love
Can be
Even when it crashes and burns
Even when the train wreck
Derails and undoes everything.

I hold this beautiful lie
Still
To my heart
And will never forget
The hunger and desire
The passion and the lust
The Love that burned
As a sacrifice
To this beautiful lie.

I can but sigh
My darling
And think of the beauty we lost
The beauty
In the poetry
The words
Deeds
Supporting the beautiful lie.

I remember
Cherish the moments
Of ecstasy
Even though
It was only
A beautiful lie
And you my sweet?
What did you get
My darling
Out of perpetrating
A beautiful
Lie?
Tell me
Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment