Friday, June 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Love Is Dead

I have seen love live
Thrive
Laugh
Cry
Wilt
Die
Live again
To walk the Night.

I have been Love's champion
Its fool
Its tool
I been betrayed by love
And have betrayed sweet Love
Love sweet love
Searching for Love
In a kiss
A tryst
In the shadows
The Darkness.

When love died so close to me
Yet lived on
A shell of love
A mockery
Devoid of passion
Sensuality
I still did not
Give up on Love.

I hunted for the spirit of Love
For poetry
Sensuality
Eroticism
Passion
I have come so close
Only to see
The apparition of Love
The cruel phantasm
Dissolve in the air
Becoming a demon mocking me
Delighting in my despair
For being so arrogant
Naive
To think that I
Could find True Love
A deeper Love
Within the ruins of society
The train wreck
That passes for relationships
In this day and age.

If Love is dead
I don't want to live
There is no purpose
No meaning
No life
Worth living
If love is dead
Then I have died too
Lay me to rest with some flowers
And a prayer
There is no point
No joy in living
If Love is dead
Entomb me in a crypt
And seal the door forever
And I will rot
Covered with cobwebs
Waiting for salvation
In another world.

If love is Dead
Why do I arise
At Night
Hungering for passion
Sensuality
Blood?
An orgasmic meeting of minds
Bodies
If Love is Dead
Why do I write this poem
Calling out for a Muse
To prove to me
Once and for all
That Love
Is not Dead?
I invoke the spirit
Of Love
Arise
Awake
Make yourself known
Prove to me
That Love
Is not Dead.



You can't escape the wrath of my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment