Sunday, June 30, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



The Overwhelming Desire To Believe

Wreckage is everywhere
Lost souls
Black and hollow
Dreams foreclosed upon
Burning embers
Smoldering in the distance
A wisp of smoke
Ignored and then gone
Gone forever.

I have an overwhelming desire
A Lust for life
The hunger for passion
Sensuality
Eroticism
Love
I have a fierce need
The desire to believe
To believe in the sanctity
Of this hunger
This pursuit of an eternal Muse
A world of the spirit
And the flesh
A realm of witches
Vampires
Demons
And lost mortals.

I wander without a guide
Alone in the frigid black
Only the Night as my Protector
I stumble
Fall
But I carry on
Down this dark, twisted path
Fraught with danger
Those with malevolent intentions
Yet I walk on
With head held high
Without fear
I travel on
Awaiting the Destiny
That calls out my name
And I hear
I hear you
Sweet Muse
I hear you
And I believe
Against the doubts and my defenses
I have an overwhelming
Desire to believe
Which one day will bear fruit
In an orgasmic O
A paradise of the heart
A mountain
Where two lovers
Two old souls
Will live their days
In ecstasy
Forever
I believe this
With all my heart and soul
With my life
I am a fool, a poet, a lover a mad man
And most of all
A fighter
I will get to that mountain
It is mine
Mine alone
I will get there
Because I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment