Saturday, June 29, 2019

Shiny Happy Monsters




I thought I found a safe place
Where I could be me
And sachet among the lilies of the field unnoticed
In my lace plumb waist coat 
With rose cravat
But my heart was a fool again
I am a vampire after all
My fashion sense and refined sense of decor
Bring a stare in the evening dark
As does that solitary light in the abandoned church
At twelve o'clock
My shadow frightens little children and adults alike
There are the blood curdling screams
Hurt feelings and a sense of dread
That come calling with my presence in the neighborhood
Rivers of blood proclaim my reign of terror
As graves open and yawn up their dead
To walk the Earth again in search of blood
Predator becomes prey as victims scream with fright
At the figure tapping at the window
After awakened from a dream of love
Dancing with spectral seduction in their sleep
Eroticism creeps in bland lives
While gloom breeds resistance 
And a lover's kiss is all the distraction it takes
To bring home destruction 
Upon the eternal promise of Evil
Salvation undone
If only for a night or two
Until the next resurrection.




No comments:

Post a Comment