Friday, June 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Gothic Thoughts

Night
A starless sky
Slow steady droplets
Of Rain
Building to a downpour
A clap of thunder
Lightning
Streaking across the sky
In the distance
The outline of an ancient cemetery
Offering the promise of shelter
Running through the muck
And mire
Drenched to the bone
Cold
Weary
Distraught
Filled with despair
Thinking of a lost love
Never to return
Loathing life
Clothes soaked
Body shivering
Aching
Breathing heavy
Reaching an old crypt
Out of breath
But relieved
Overjoyed
For the opportunity
Of shelter
Kicking open the crypt door
Suddenly flooded with light
Blinding my eyes
Hooded figures in black
One apparition cloaked in red
Grabbed by these ghouls
With gnarled hands
And chained next to a gagged
Naked woman
Her voluptuous breasts heaving
Her privates exposed
Terror in her eyes
Watching the high priest
Take out a long sacrificial knife
As the crypt door slams shut
While all chant
Hail Satan
Our Master
As the knife arcs downward
And blood spurts everywhere
A groan
A sigh
And this sacrifice
This erotic sensual
Beautiful woman is no more
Silence
Just the sound
Of dripping blood
And breathing
These fiends watching
Viewing their handiwork
With morbid delight
As my bindings are tightened
And I fight
Helplessly trying to escape
And I too am gagged
Pleading with my eyes
Fear cascading over me
Hoping for mercy
In a dream
Knowing there is none here
No mercy
No Love
No kindness
Just ritual
Ceremony
Sacrifice
As I hear
Hail Satan
Our Master
And
Curse the eternity
It takes
To await
My destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment