Friday, June 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse




Search For A New Muse

I have been sailing a cruel sea
Traveling an open road
Leading to no where
Nobody
Nothing
It is what got me here
Abandoned
Distraught
Bereft
With no compass
To find my way back home.

I am searching for a new Muse
A Goddess of Poetry
To take me home
Within her arms
Goddess of Poetry
Be my lover
Again
And I will make you mine
Sing your praise
In rhythm
Rhyme
Verse
That will live for eternity
Be my Muse
My darling.

It is the Poet's power
Of immortality
It is my gift
To be bestowed
Come sweet goddess
There is a fire in my belly
Love in my heart
Tears streaming down my cheeks.

I am a Vampire
Our desire can be fulfilled
Our lust a conflagration
Our love forever
Come sweet Muse
Accept me as I am
And we will create
A paradise
Of more than words
I search for a new Muse
Walking solitary
In despair
Within the Darkness
Awaiting soft footsteps
Behind me
Heeding my call
My call for a new Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment