Friday, February 8, 2013

Nocturnal

I fall hard
Into the arms of sleep
Resting peacefully
In her tender embrace
Her loving arms
Her somnolent kiss
Wafting warmth inside
My spirit
Dreaming of love
A Love so close
I could almost touch it
A love that withered and died
Before my eyes
The memory of which haunts me
As I rest in bed
Hearing piercing shrieks
In the hallways
Of my mind
The cries of a love
I believed was true
To last forever
Beautiful
That was an illusion
From the beginning
A hobgoblin of despair
Mocking the best of my emotions
Love
I curse my fate sometimes
As I remember
Knowing
Forever is never enough.

Love is
The most powerful force
In the Universe
An entity
That is fragile
Omnipotent
Universal
In the moment
Conquering evil
Yet vulnerable to it
I seek the nocturnal
The sanctuary of slumber
To find a home again
For I am a castaway
On a cruel sea of disillusion
The home
I thought I had
Was Nothing
A train wreck
Speeding off the tracks
A ghost I could never touch
Would never make love to
Within the Darkness
The Black.

As I sleep
I suddenly taste fear
An emotion I rarely have
And realize I am walking
A path toward self-destruction
Evil
The dark side
And then my body calms again
Knowing
There is no shame
In giving Love
Even when the receiver
Takes it under false pretenses
Even when that love is unappreciated
And mocked
When it is doubted
Betrayed
Love is always a noble effort
A sign of strength
Always
If is my belief
My Vampire Creed.

The ability to transcend
To love
Accept vulnerability
To lower self-defenses
Embrace intimacy
That is the preamble to love
And that is supreme
Self-confidence
Power
Fortitude
Whether that love
Is returned or not.

I felt the fear last night
The fear
That I was in a dangerous place
That my Love
My power
My essence
Existence
Supernatural being
Was compromised
Ready to go cold
After all this time
My bitter experiences
All the train wrecks
And mockery.

I own and protect the dream state
My nocturnal realm
I continued to sleep
Despite my disappointment
Despair
Until the morning
Undisturbed
Not bitter
Or raging
For I have never gone cold
And will not now
It is who I am
And why I inspire fear
Terror
Respect
For
Love will always prevail
Love is everything
And Nothing
Resilient
Real and imaginary
Living on even after Death
To walk the earth once more
Reincarnated
As Karma decides.

I walk the night
The Darkness
In dreams
In reality
Once again
Looking for a new victim
A victim of my Love
My crimson kiss
My ivory fanged bite
Thus begins a journey
A new beginning
I love
Bite
Feed
Live
Die
Rise again
I have embraced the nocturnal
I am a Vampire
I am fearless
Though I acknowledge fear
As I do love
And I will never stop loving
Or needing to feed
I am nocturnal
I never grow old
Never die
My spirit will always live on
For eternity
Living
Loving
Laughing
Crying
Walking through
The Dark Forest
That is my love
Bloodied at times
But always unbowed
Victorious
Ravenous
Lusting
Ready to find love again
Perhaps tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment