Friday, February 8, 2013

Seductive Assassin

I danced with the Devil last night
A seductress
Succubus
A she-devil who says
She does not dance
Her rhythm is reserved for other things
She hints seductively
Wink
Wink
And I smile
A knowing smile.

I told this sweet entity
This cloaked voluptuous
Buxom assassin
This mystery dream woman
Evil in a red dress
A scarlet witch
Set to beguile
That for me she would dance
And dance she did.

We danced around our emotions
We waltzed around our despair
I held her close
As we strode across the floor
Her hair so beautiful and fragrant
Yet kept far enough away
Maintaining enough distance
So that we did not reveal
Each other's names
Though I knew who she was
All along
It is the dance we do
As subtle mistakes are dropped
Revelations made
I hold her close
Looking in her eyes
Feeling her body pressed close
To mine
Sensing her heart beat
As we dance this mock dance
Listening to music
As I choose the songs
And we dance
Dancing into the Night
Into the early morning
Kissing before we part
Daggers drawn
Behind our backs
Waiting for someone
To make the first move.

No comments:

Post a Comment