Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Dream Deferred


A dream deferred
Does not die
It lives forever
Stalking the Night
Waiting silently
Patiently
For its Master to come
And claim the Darkness
The void
The abyss
Left behind
That was once a promise
A fantasy
Sealed with a kiss
It is a dream
That is hungry
Thirsty for blood
Yours and mine
It is a dream
That will not be denied
It may go unrealized
In this life or the next
But one day
As sure as the sun sets
And the full moon rises
We will live this dream
In the flesh
We may have different faces
Different names
Nationalities
This dream may occur
In a different place
Another time
But it is yours and mine
A pact sealed
With a drink of crimson wine
This dream is ours
It is not gone
Extinguished
Just deferred
My darling
Postponed for now
Welcome to the nightmare
My love
But never forget the dream
My darling
Never
Goodbye for now
My sweet
My eternal lover
My life
Goodbye
Until the dream
Resumes
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment