Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



When The Words Won't Come

I thought of the snow
This morning
The pristine silence
Of the glistening flakes
As they fell
To the ground
One by one
To
Oblivion
But
That was not
The meaning
Rhythm
Rhyme
Burning
In my chest
I still felt
Your lips
Hot on mine
The sounds
Of moans
Ecstasy
In the Night
Haunting me
Like an apparition
Damned for eternity
Still
I walked
In the frigid cold
Trying to forget
Write these words
Taking me far away
To a distant land
Where I cannot
Be touched by
Erotic memories
Illusions of the brain
Remembering
Those beautiful lies
That glow
In the dark
Sparkle
Then fade away
So I whispered
Your name
As I walked
Back home
Maybe
I could feel
Alive again
For an evanescent moment
Have a reason
Explain
Why I could
Not write
This
Infernal poem
Yet that whisper
Is all
That remains
My wretched alibi
For the hollowness
Of my soul
It echoes
Throughout
My shattered heart
Like
A gothic symphony
Or a disembodied
Scream
And
That will
Have to do
Nothing more
Knowing
You are gone
Forever
A blank page
Our destiny
Entombed
For
The words
Won't
Come
Anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment