Sunday, July 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



Resurrection

I invoke
The jaded memories
Of all
The dreams that died
All the ghosts
Of yesterday
Walking
Tormented
In the Night
I recall
One thousand screams
Nightmares
Disembodied thumps
In the black
Footsteps walking
Down the hall
That end
Visions
In the mirror
Of a stranger
Someone
I used to know
Baring
Razor sharp incisors
Glaring
Then fading away
I call on
The shadow
Of a dream
To reappear
The dark figures
I see
In the corner
Of my eye
Haunting my reality
Stumbling
From
Room to room
Of this cursed
House of horror
Arise
Live again
For I do
Not fear
The monster
I have become
I have arisen
From the grave
To live
Love again
I will no longer
Tremble
Sheets over my head
Awaiting
The terror
What lies beneath
My mattress
I am alive
I will live
Forever
Never die
In rhythm
Rhyme
Poetry
Of the Heart
This
Is
My
Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment