Sunday, July 28, 2019

Graveyard Coffeehouse



While Love Died

I stayed up
Last Night
Fighting back
All the tears
I cried
Keeping a solemn
Vigil
While
Love
Died
I looked
In her eyes
Seeing her
Slowly slip away
Skin turning
Grey
Pale
Feeling cold
To the touch
I remember her
Yesterday
Smiling
As we kissed
Held each other
Close
I recall
The words
I love you
Now silence
Coughs
Sighs
Waiting
For the inevitable
Moment of truth
As time ticks
By slowly
In excruciating
Slow motion
Seeing
Her body shudder
Seize up
Falter
Fighting
A losing battle
Holding her hand
As she slipped away
Forever
Whisking away her body
Leaving only shadows
Memories
Of what we had
An empty space
The final goodbye
I lay awake
Suspended
Within a dream
Hoping somehow
Love
Would survive
But
Bitter reality
Sunk in
Love was dead
Before the morning
I stayed up
Last night
While love
Died
Now I'll
Never be the same
As I mourn
For the beautiful vision
I thought
Would last
Forever
Tears
Running
Down my cheeks
Sorrow
Filling my heart
I sat there
Watched
While Love
Was executed
Murdered
Buried deep
Six feet
Under
The cold ground
Now I sit
Exhausted
Wondering
If Love
Will ever rise
Reemerging
Again
From the ashes
Of lies
Betrayal
Illusions
Of what
Might have been
Hoping
I might
Hold her
In my arms
Yet again
Make love to her
All night long
Refusing sleep
As we kissed
But there
Is only
So much time
You can
Look
Into her eyes
Pretending
Like
Love
Never
Died.

No comments:

Post a Comment